Privacy for Clients
We collect information that we need to fulfill our obligations to you.
Collection of information is for the purpose of assessment, planning, assisting with return to work, evaluation, and reporting. The purposes for which Work to Wellness collects and uses personal information include, however not limited to:
- To identify you
- To communicate with you
- To confirm your eligibility for services
- To provide services related to your claim
Privacy for Employers
Work to Wellness Rehabilitation is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its customer’s information.
Content: We recognize that to collaborate effectively, we may require confidential and important information such as business practices and strategy. We will use this information to ensure services are customized to your needs and for research purposes. We will not share identifying information without your permission. We may use information relating to results and outcomes in a non-identifying manner.
The types of information collected:
- nature and costs of services
- industry type
- survey results
- outcome data
Privacy for Employees
Work to Wellness Rehabilitation is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of its client’s personal information.
We recognize that in order to work with you effectively, we require sensitive and private information about you. This policy describes the conditions and nature of private information that we collect and use, and explains how we protect it. It has been developed to comply with British Columbia’s Personal Information and Privacy Act. This law sets out guidelines to organizations about how to collect and protect private information. All staff at Work to Wellness Rehabilitation Inc. are required to follow the guidelines set out in this policy.
Personal Information Collected
The types of information collected include; however are not limited to
- Your name
- Home address and telephone number
- Health Information including medical history, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and opinions
- Employment Information such as current and past employment, job details, work problems, performance information
- Education and job skills
- Activities: daily activities, transportation, recreation, self-care,
- Funding details about your policy, any limitations and conditions or limitations, your salary
Specialists in Workplace Mental Health
We have been delivering mental health training to employees and leaders in workplaces across British Columbia since 1999.
LIMITS ON PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Work to Wellness collects only the information required to assess, plan, assist with return to work, evaluate, and report. We do not collect other information, or share information to be used for other purposes, without your consent. There are some exceptions such as when we are authorized to do so by the law.
Questions on Privacy
What Will Happen To The Information That Is Collected On Me?
One very important part of your relationship with Work to Wellness Rehabilitation is confidentiality. Personal information may be discussed and placed in your file during the course of our work with you. We will discuss with you the information we wish to share and with whom, and secure your consent to do so.
During the course of service provision, all records will be kept private except as follows:
- If a third party (i.e. insurance company) is paying for services, records may be provided to that party. You will be asked to sign a release of information form that tells you in advance who will be receiving your records.
- If we believe you are going to harm or endanger yourself or others, we are required to notify the endangered individual(s) and the proper authorities.
- If we suspect a child is being abused or neglected we are required to report to the proper authorities.
- If we receive a request for information from another party, you would have to give consent before your records will be released.
- If we receive a subpoena.
- If you are a minor or not your own legal guardian, then the information in your file may be available to your legal guardian or advocate.
- If we determine that we need to share information with other health care providers for your rehabilitation success.
- If discussions regarding your case are required with a supervisor or team, you will be informed.
Your consent is required before we will disclose your information to third parties for any purpose unless we are authorized to do so by law. You can withdraw consent at any time and we will inform you if there are impacts on how we work with you.
Disclosure To Other Health Care Providers
Relevant health information may be shared with health care providers involved in your care with your consent. We will discuss the reason for and content of information shared when we gather your consent. The following are examples, however not limited to:
- Occupational therapist